Funniest all-time poster

Thread you have the fondest memories of

How has Amber Nectar changed your life?

Favourite swear word

Message for Andy/Les/Matt/Steve

Share On:

#283121 by Brid Tiger
Thu May 09, 2019 1:03 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:I don't know if anyone will see this or bother, but what the hell:

What you miss about the AN forum at its best
The flurry of wit and abuse, mainly towards BostonTigerTom (RIP)

Favourite all-time poster
Crikey(tm) that's a tough one, so plucked randomly from a hat, JohnRabies

Funniest all-time poster
I reckon Batfink had me in stitches the most

A day in the life of BostonTigerTom, closely followed by Cropper's China diary.

Hugely. If I hadn't met everyone in the pub and seen Les abusing Matt I think supporting City would've been completely different. Not to mention the amount of foreign football I've seen thanks to Les and JR dragging me along.

Favourite swear word
Dodeccacunt

Thanks, you wonderful cunts.
#283122 by Shuffle
Thu May 09, 2019 3:31 pm
The tangential thoughts that could take you from talking about why we lost 1-0 to Mansfield to lurid dreams about Thatcher (courtesy of Andy).

BigMike - telling it like it was

Funniest all-time poster
Heddis - almost getting the hang of English...

Tigers Arse-kickery-in-the-Prem-o-meter, 2011 - those predictathons were SO exciting :)

I've come to an appreciation of the C word...

Favourite swear word
Bullard

You bastards. How could you.

But thanks,..
#283123 by what
Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 pm
What you miss about the AN forum at its best Too much. Drunken posts, reporting on Andy the Faraway’s latest adventures, clicky-woo, Barmby bumming, Magnum’s hatred of Junior Lewis, Space Raiders, the thread about the play off final. Oh and DMT’s end of season round ups. Loads more.

Big Mike. Loved reading about the community bus.

Funniest all-time poster
Bunkers Hill’s pithy one liners.

Women you know you shouldn’t.

Fond memories of piss ups in Avenues, meeting knowledge City folk...I think AN and it’s brand of humour kept my interest in City. I always said the forum was better when City were shit and the football was almost a side issue. Which in essence, is football support. It doesn’t matter how the team do, you still turn up with the same folk in The Premier League that you do in League 8.

I forgot, I got to watch Brann in a UEFA Cup game at Everton too.

Favourite swear word
Dickheadwankertwat

Message for Andy/Les/Matt/Steve[/quote]
Buy The Unutterable.
#283124 by Haltemprice Tiger
Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 pm
The humour, one liners and put downs. The endless insults to the likes of Boston Tiger Tom, Jack Bauer, Gozar the Gozarian etc - the fact that they always reacted badly to the insults made the site even more enjoyable.

Honorable mentions to Bunkers Hill, Officer Crabtree, Bill Baxter, Ricohatemyhouse, but not to Cunning Linguist. But the honour has to go to Batfink.

Funniest all-time poster
Either Bunkers Hill or Bill Baxter. Certainly not Cunning Linguist.

Any threads that mentioned wabs, Hmmm. wabs.

Learnt a few alternative words for wabs and fanny. But, seriously, met most of the serious posters on here including Heddis, had a pint or more with most of you, even appeared on DMT's pre match forum thingy on KCFM a couple of times so I could say I became a radio star!

Favourite swear word
You are all cunts and humans!

You selfish twats! Seriously, thanks for everything, AN will be sadly missed
#283126 by Officer Crabtree
Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:I don't know if anyone will see this or bother, but what the hell:

Feeling like I had a new fanzine to read every day.

Go on then. Les. I enjoyed discussions with Occasional Fan and Cott Tiger though. And Big Mike was always right, wasn't he? A nod to DMT for his indefatiguability and McVie for his amazing memory.

Funniest all-time poster

Bunkers. Though there were many such as John Rabies, Batfink, Barney and Wazzokus who were very funny.

John Rabies, sucking a man's cock. Loved City snooker loopy too. And the clocks going back.

Well I wouldn't have written a book without it. But more importantly I've met many fantastic people through it.

Favourite swear word

INRATS.

INRATS.
#283128 by Bill Baxter
Sat May 11, 2019 12:07 am
The unbias reporting of all things Hull City but the humour on the ‘Miscellaneous’ thread more than anything.

Meat Pie Bri

Funniest all-time poster
No one poster in particular, there’s been so many funny things written over the years.
Certainly not Cunning Linquist.
One post will stay with me for ever though & that’s Westy telling us about seeing his mother’s hairy fanny when she bent over.

2013 Deaths

It made me a racist.

Favourite swear word
Can only be one really can’t it?

Now you’ve got some time on your hands, can you start a Showaddywaddy fanzine?

... and for all those that have contributed over the years (no matter how small):-

Thanky woo
#283131 by ruisliptiger
Sun May 12, 2019 5:03 pm
I quite enjoyed Westhullionians general meffery.

Lots of good threads, little things that amuse the hell out of you had its moments.

I also enjoyed the thread that blamed Les for practically every wrongdoing in world history shortly after the incident the rid the forum of Paul Jewell.

Oh, and Bill Baxter is a Cunt.

Amber Nectar also intoduced me to the existance of Mally Welburn. So it's not all bummery.
#283132 by Steady Tiger
Sun May 12, 2019 6:22 pm

The post-match comments delivered in almost real-time as fans returned from the match; the visceral anger over some (losing 5-0 at ?Southend or 3-0 at Barnsley) and the sheer delight over others

Not one in particular - the sum was greater than the whole

Funniest all-time poster

Bristol Jim.

National Mediawatch (no HDM guff) was perhaps the most Hull-thread ever. The sheer delight that anyone outside of the local Mail would take an interest in the Tiger Nation

Life was changed in '78 when went to BP and saw Spurs lose 2-0. It was downhill from ever on though AN helped smooth the decline

Favourite swear word

Fish Out

Great work - you took this shit seriously whilst having a laugh along with everyone else
#283136 by Magnum PI
Fri May 31, 2019 1:00 pm
What you miss about the AN forum at its best? Danny L not posting for a while and then turning up in the crime pages of the HDM was almost soap-opera like. People (who was it?) arguing the Junior Lewis did the simple things well. Posting something and the post not posting so having to go back on my browser and then copy the text in case it didn't post and the posting again.

Wazzokus and his tales of the bandits.

Funniest all-time poster
Westhullonian

It hasn't really.
#283137 by Magnum PI
Fri May 31, 2019 1:01 pm
Favourite thread? The Wire obsession thread.
#283146 by WestHullonian
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:49 pm

The humour - the mild, good natured aggresiveness - and just somewhere to go when I need to get a feel for what was going on with the club.

But yeah, what now? The Hull City Banter Bus on Facebook? ..Jesus fucking Christ.

I know it's a bit arse kissy but Officer Crabtree, I just don't think he's ever got it wrong, he's the type of fella you just find yourself nodding your head through his posts.

Most of you boys really, this board had a fucking good bunch.

Funniest all-time poster

Bunkers Hill, a splendidly witty, funny cunt.

Far too many to mention. Lost count the amount of times I howled at some of the shit put on here, but the letter exchanges between Les and Mally proabaly had me cackling like a bastard the most.

Some proper funny shit has gone down on here over the years. I always liked Gazza Gazza's updates regarding his Polish neighbour.

Most recent laugh was probably Batfink saying a few ANer's should band together and hang me by my final strand of hair from Anlaby Road flyover, gave me a funny mental image to laugh over.

I think it chilled me out a little bit. Not to take things so fucking seriously - just have a laugh, mainly at yourself.

Favourite swear word

Dodecahedracunt(?) - Heh.

Thank you fellas, it's been a cracking ride. The recent success you've had (podcast) was massively deserved, felt like the icing on the cake for you.

See you around, lads. It's been a pleasure.
#283150 by Mr Muggins
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:10 pm
Random memories

Meh
Bad grammar police
Occy's list threads
Big nose gate
Mally Welburn's Daughter
Cunts cunting about like cunts
Cunning's gloves
Cunning's lost ticket
Cunning's age
Cuh
Cunning spotting Batfink on the bus thread
Batfink's trainers
Did Westy actually work in Chicken Pie Shop
Pffft
I blame Les
Les at the cash machine
Bill the daft racist
Humans
Reh!

Finally, I put the demise of this site down solely to Pheasant Plucker. It all went downhill after he joined... the cunt.

Anyway... its been a blast. Hopefully I'll attend another City game soon once the Egyptian Cunts have fucked off...