Other footballing issues

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#280429 by Andy
Mon May 30, 2016 10:45 am
For his faults, Steve Bruce has a record of taking sides into the Premier League without equal. If City were to lose him, he could quite easily do it again.

It depends on whether he can be arsed; he's 55 now, a wealthy man and knows he'll never get one of the really big jobs so he's essentially established as a fine Championship manager but iffy lower-Premier League boss. He may want to do something altogether different and semi-retire with his big pile of cash to enjoy a stress-free life in the Midlands, a bit of punditry and go out on a high.

Share On:

#280441 by Muswell Matt
Tue May 31, 2016 3:06 am
I hope he's been inspired by the Ranieri fairytale, and, with Phelan as his wingman, fancies another season with City.

But Southampton unsentimentally (and correctly) replaced Adkins after they got back up, and re-established themselves as a PL force. If Bruce goes and we recruit well, we might be the next Swansea or Stoke.
#280461 by Cayman Tiger
Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 pm
Muppet Man wrote:
Haltemprice Tiger wrote:WS have sacked Evans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36420398

What an amusing shambles of a club they are!

I liken the White Shite to Herpes:

#281321 by Haltemprice Tiger
Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 pm
johnotiger wrote:Guidolin and Di Matteo - They gone. Wonder if Bruce will get the Villa job.

If Villa's experience with Mcleish is anything to go by, Bruce's previous Birmingham connections may well scupper that.
#281322 by Heddis
Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:12 pm
Bob Bradley taking over in Swansea are the words in Norwegian media. He managed Diomande in Stabaek last season.
#281353 by Cayman Tiger
Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:18 pm
RichC6 wrote:Head coach.

I'm confused.

or is it

#282092 by Bill Baxter
Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:46 am
Haltemprice Tiger wrote:
Tiger2000 wrote:McClaren sacked by Derby County

I never understood why they reappointed him in the first place.

So they could sack him again & give us all a laugh!