Forum rules, glossary, and posts of the year.

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#111026 by DeMange Tout
Thu May 01, 2008 5:58 am
Okay, it's a four parter this year. First up, we have...

PEARSON LEAVES, DUFFEN ARRIVES

We wouldnt be where we are today if it wasnt for him

Roaring Tiger nutshells Adam Pearson's reign as his time comes to an end.

--

It is more than likely that we wouldn't be anywhere today if it wasn't for him.

Cunning Linguist clarifies the above.

--

He's done a good job and has been paid handsomely.

Barney Gumble is less forgiving and almost certainly a little drunk.

--

So long Adam, and thanks for all the fish.

Brid Tiger. No idea, before you ask.

--

Pearson was as important as any player or manager in our Championship survival. He made some bold and painful decisions, spent a good wedge of cash, kept the stadium full for the big games and even funded away travel to bolster support away from the KC. Without such a passionate, resourceful, and determined Chairman I am convinced we would have been relegated.

Cott Tiger supplies a thicker layer.

--

If Pearson is to sell, I'm certain he will have done due diligence checks on who he'd sell to, selling to shysters intent on skullfucking us hardly ensures Pearson a positive legacy does it?

Les becalms the panic at an unknown buying the club in the summer.

--

One part of me says that with the money Bartlett and Duffen have behind them that they could be the guys to move City forward. On the other side of things it's two guys I have never heard of, with no obvious connection to Hull and I wonder whether they have the club's best interests at heart - although would Pearson sell to unscrupulous types?

Expert fence-sitting from ianry.

--

I once had a pint with a neighbour of Adam Pearson's cousin's best mate's brother-in-law. I've asked him, but he didn't know anything. Hope this helps.

The Incredible Stan Berry adds serious fuel to the speculation.

--

With the money being offered for players at Championship level escalating (even Burnley have been offering 7 figure sums for players recently) I think Pearson has realised that he does not have the financial clout to move City on to the next level and that they may struggle badly without additional investment. I am a little surprised however, considering all his previous denials, that he appears to be selling up completely. Still, if these two new guys have the finances and they are serious about investing in City's future, and not making a fast buck, then their investment is more than welcome.

Wisened words to befit an 'experienced' man in Haltemprice Tiger.

--

Pearson will go back to Leeds with Paul Jewell as manager.

Almost right, easy tiger, just the club was different.

--

Duffen Out.

The first person to utter these words was - step forward and take a bow - Officer Crabtree.

--

If he provides the funds to take us up another level, he can be as secretive, devious, fan-punching and cuntish as he wants.

Bristol Jim decides Pearson's best assets don't apply to Duffen.

--

I'm sure these new guys realise with investment to made in the right places, there is money to be made and the side-effect of that is that City could end up in the Premiership.

Manic Tiger looks on the brightest of sides.

--

If we have a better chairman in place today than we did yesterday in the shape of Adam Pearson, then we will be a very very lucky football club indeed.

Big Mike also sense we could have fallen on our feet.

--

I can't wait to be in the Premiership, it will be a hoot.

Back in June, did John Rabies mean this...?

--

As far as I am concerned, as long as we can compete next season and not face another buttock-clenching end of season cliff-hanger (that's probably sufficient clichés for this year), I'm happy. Anything or anybody who takes the club onward and upward is OK in my book.

Seal of approval from Cunning Linguist, even.

--

I never pay any attention to any chairman when they say "x-year plan". I'd rather hear them waffle about the 'Over 55's Plan', with its free attractive carriage clock.

The crucial contribution of Dr Buck.

--

First impressions of him can be VERY wide-ranging, from the bloke who might turn out to be John Madejski, to the bloke who might turn out to be David Lloyd. Hence I reserve judgement, but I'm encouraged in a kiddish way about what the future may bring.

More optmism, this time courtesy of Bob Mor... er, Prawn Sandwich.

--

Make sure you tell Duffen about that fucking bus that keeps blocking the exits.

Dr Buck again, on the news that the FLC will continue with the new regime.

--

NEW SIGNINGS

We are being gazumped by much better teams nowadays. That is real progress.

Bristol Jim reacts to the news that Jamie Cureton has decided to go to Norwich. The rest just cheer.

--

He should last a while, he played only 100 games in nine seasons before he joined Colchester 3 years ago.

Big Mike is underwhelmed by Wayne Brown's arrival.

--

I quite like the thought of a Dawson-Turner-Brown-Ricketts defence.

I edited out the reference to Delaney pushing for a recall in order to make Cott Tiger look impressive.

--

I shall enquire if he is related to Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I think this makes me look clever.

Occasional Fan plans an audience with new signing Richard Garcia, while everyone else confuses him with an actor.

--

We sign an experienced, former Premiership midfielder and it feels like a let down. It really, really shouldn't, but it does.

Dr Buck questions City's public relations as Bryan Hughes comes in.

--

If City sign Juninho, I'll eat my own cock.

We wondered where what had been hiding...

--

I would imagine this is perhaps a little further advanced than we're giving it credit for, given that he's actually flying here, likes England, and seems to love the north-east of England (I know we're not in the north-east, but he's Brazilian. He'll never notice).

Officer Crabtree tries to believe Juninho might actually come in.

--

People who will not be signing for City:

1: Juninho

Andy feels less certain, surprisingly.

--

I can't see why we would want to sign Windass now, I'm sure we're going to be looking at better signings now that the takeover deal has been done.

Hullboy says his piece shortly before we, er, signed Windass.

--

Someone at work described Christian Nade as 'a thinking man's Delroy Facey'. I really don't know what to make of him now.

He didn't join us, so riochatemyhouse didn't put the kiss* of death on him.

--

Henrik Pedersen has joined cos his missus loves shopping at Tony's Textiles.

McVie, cleverly linking the Dane's protracted signing with Roy Keane's tirade at WAGs who stop their footballer friends from moving north. See what he did there?

--

I love chips.

batfink.

--

*PALC

Share On: