Other footballing issues

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

Share On:

#272237 by Bill Baxter
Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:37 pm
Tiger2000 wrote:Pearce gone at Forest according to Sky Sports News.

Is he replacing Bruce?
#272239 by Tiger2000
Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:21 pm
Bill Baxter wrote:
Tiger2000 wrote:Pearce gone at Forest according to Sky Sports News.

Is he replacing Bruce?

Warnock's assistant when he takes over from Bruce.
#272273 by Cayman Tiger
Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04 pm
Redknapp - him gorn.

That's one team nailed on for relegation then.
#272274 by Officer Crabtree
Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:15 pm
Cayman Tiger wrote:Redknapp - him gorn.

Eh? With their squad and a decent manager instead of a past-it publicity junkie they'll stay up. This isn't good news for City. Fortunately there aren't many decent managers currently out of work.
#272275 by Grimlock
Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:40 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:
Cayman Tiger wrote:Redknapp - him gorn.

Eh? With their squad and a decent manager instead of a past-it publicity junkie they'll stay up. This isn't good news for City. Fortunately there aren't many decent managers currently out of work.

They'll get Harry Redknapp Mark II - IE Tim Sherwood
#272319 by E3Tiger
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm
QPR will almost certainly go down, they've got the worst defence in the league and I doubt Sherwood will do much to change that, given how leaky his spurs team where. Austin's goals are the only reason they're not bottom
#272441 by WestHullonian
Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:14 am
"I can look after meself, make no mistake"..

I'm grateful to Pearson for how he rescued our sinking ship a few years back, but some cunt needs to bat him around the head after that comment. Fucking clown.
#272444 by Cunning Linguist
Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:39 am
Maybe you're right.
But I reckon he's probably right.
He was what commentators refer to as "uncompromising" when he was a player.
#272490 by Prawn Sandwich
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 pm
Barney Gumble wrote:Nigel Pearson would batter you, Westy. Proper ass kicking.

I've often thought about this: which other managers would be able to take Steve Bruce? I reckon he's a bit handy.

It wouldn't be pretty but I reckon Pearson could have him. Bruce would batter Lambert, though.
#272491 by Officer Crabtree
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:33 pm
Steve Evans would be dangerous for the first minute or so of a fight, but after that he'd be knackered. You'd just be able to push him over. The thing is, he probably stinks. I'm not sure I'd want to get in too close. Bruce's nose has been squashed up a bit though. His sense of smell may not be particularly good.

Arsene Wenger would have a sneaky weapon, probably a flick knife. And then when Bruce found a stick on the floor, or maybe a half-brick, to even things up a bit he'd go on afterwards to the press about how unfair it had all been.

Sam Allardyce would be a disappointment in the fighting stakes. All mouth, but just hides behind his mates when it gets tasty.

Gary Brabin would beat everyone. He's still in management, isn't he?
#272492 by jonty
Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:48 pm
Jack Charlton in his younger days would have been pretty tough to face. Leading with the forehead and getting the elbows in I reckon.