Other footballing issues

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#12828 by Cunning Linguist
Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:34 am
From the BBC:

A Brazilian referee faces suspension on Tuesday after she awarded a goal that television pictures showed was scored by a ball boy. Pictures showed that after a Santacruzense player shot narrowly wide in the 89th minute, the boy collected the ball with his feet, took it back on to the pitch and tapped it across the line into the net.

Share On:

#12835 by Earle the Winger
Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:58 am
How irritating for the opposing fans.

It wasn't Dennis Wise, was it?

#12936 by Hullboy
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:32 pm
Very funny in a "thank fuck it didn't happen to my team" kinda way. Any video evidence to back this up?
#12993 by Bunkers Hill
Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:56 am
Cunning Linguist wrote:From the BBC:

A Brazilian referee faces suspension on Tuesday after she awarded a goal that television pictures showed was scored by a ball boy. Pictures showed that after a Santacruzense player shot narrowly wide in the 89th minute, the boy collected the ball with his feet, took it back on to the pitch and tapped it across the line into the net.

She sounds marginally better that the linesman form the Derby game.

#13000 by Officer Crabtree
Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:15 am
This goal was shown on BBC Breakfast this morning. It ranks in my top five "things I can't believe happened on a football pitch". Probably at number four.

#13105 by WestHullonian
Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:33 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:This goal was shown on BBC Breakfast this morning. It ranks in my top five "things I can't believe happened on a football pitch". Probably at number four.

Go on then, i'll say it....

Why don't you start a thread to show us the other four 'things I cant believe happened on a football pitch'?....

It could turn out to be quite a good thread actually...

Go on, spoil us...