For cowards who hide behind clown's faces. *PALC

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#278794 by Officer Crabtree
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 am
amberbadger wrote:Did not realise he was so highly revered by the AN elite but having seen the messages on both deaths threads, I apologise I didn't mean to cause any offence. Obviously it is sad that he has died as it is when anyone dies. However as someone who is not a fan it has been somewhat overbearing to say the least to hear nothing else on the radio today, on either talk or music stations. I have spoken to a number of other people today who have said the same thing so I can only apologise for misjudging the mood on here prior to all the comments.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There is no AN elite. The 'mood' on here hadn't been established. You didn't cause particular offence. You posted about two hours after the news had been announced, so much of the stuff you refer to hadn't been established by then. Given that one of the biggest music stars in the world had died, the level of coverage seemed appropriate in the immediate aftermath. That aside, apology accepted.

Share On:

#279277 by Casey Effem
Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 pm
Brexit... I mean what the fuck is that all about. Is it British or Britain exit in which case why isn't it Bexit or why isn't it B,leave then I could be a B,leaver
#280031 by Black n Amber
Tue May 03, 2016 3:20 pm
Leicester winning the league. You'd think they did it all in the last 24 hours and not been top since before Christmas.
#280050 by jonty
Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 am
That's certainly what Zac Goldsmith thinks. Yet more proof that politicians shouldn't mention sport unless they really are genuinely into it. Bandwagon jumping, opportunist twat
#280147 by Snaggletooth
Mon May 16, 2016 10:12 am
Bill Baxter wrote:The Old Trafford "bomb" scare.

Fuck knows what the media coverage would have been like if it had actually been a real bomb.

Well, they are still talking about the Munich disaster, so the coverage would have gone on for at least 60 years.
#280152 by Bill Baxter
Mon May 16, 2016 12:26 pm
Snaggletooth wrote:
Bill Baxter wrote:The Old Trafford "bomb" scare.

Fuck knows what the media coverage would have been like if it had actually been a real bomb.

Well, they are still talking about the Munich disaster, so the coverage would have gone on for at least 60 years.

I'm quite sure if it had been any other team than Man. Utd., there would have been a brief mention of it on the news yesterday & that would have been it.
None of this over the top bollocks we've had this morning with bomb disposal experts etc. being interviewed.
#280345 by Pressburger
Thu May 26, 2016 11:39 am
Wembley's wide open spaces and how this will suit us/them. If anyone says this to you, please feel free to:
a) deck them
b) point out that the Wembley pitch is actually smaller than both the KC and Hillsborough.
Actually, might make sense to do b) first.
#280593 by Prawn Sandwich
Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:31 pm
amberbadger wrote:Whatever it is that's happened in basketball.

I don't think I've read enough about it actually, I've only a casual interest in it but I've been able to follow what's been going on with the finals and it's been a hell of a ride.

First major title for a city in 52 years? Come on, it's hard not to get caught up in it.
#280594 by Cayman Tiger
Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:05 pm
Prawn Sandwich wrote:
amberbadger wrote:Whatever it is that's happened in basketball.

I don't think I've read enough about it actually, I've only a casual interest in it but I've been able to follow what's been going on with the finals and it's been a hell of a ride.

First major title for a city in 52 years? Come on, it's hard not to get caught up in it.

Last night's game 7 was superb. Anyone who didn't enjoy that isn't a sports fan. Apart from the drought, or curse they call it in the US, of 52 years, the Cavs are the first team ever to come back from 3-1 down in the Finals, and to do so had to beat the team with the best regular season record ever in the NBA, including 2 wins on the Warriors home court, a court on which they had only lost 2 games in 41 all regular season, and had the league MVP leading them. LBJ was unreal. Truly an amazing achievement by the Cavs. I'm not a Cavs fan btw.