Talk about the mighty Tigers

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#275056 by London_Tiger
Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:23 am
The interview with Ehab on the HDM site this morning has really boiled my piss. His comments are once again smug and self congratulatory in the face of criticism he backs what a fine job he has done with cash! Unbelievable.

This part annoyed me the most:

"I don't want to be selective about which group of my own fans I am going to support more than a different group, that's fundamentally wrong. Why would I support one group of MY FAN BASE and not another"

I'm unsure if every word was chosen to cause maximum annoyance or is he really THAT arrogant and stupid.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-Cit ... story.html

Share On:

#275057 by Bill Baxter
Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 am
I know it's been said a million times before & will be said a million times again but these guys really are a set of cunts of the highest order.

Just proves (as if it was really needed) what they think of their own fans & this might just tip me over the edge when making a decision about re-newing my season pass.

It's 09.30 & my day's fucked up already after reading that bullshit!
#275064 by Cunning Linguist
Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:47 am
Do I read that article correctly?
Have they really spent all the money on tarting up the away end - which should of course be a matter for the SMC anyway?
They're not taking the piss at all then...
#275065 by Gazza_Gazza
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:25 am
It's the way he differentiates home City fans from away ones. He's basically saying why should the away fans get discounts. We're all City fans, you fucking prick. Anyone who wants to can go away. Perhaps the fact that it's the regular away fans who've hated you the most and longest has something to do with the decision.
Last edited by Gazza_Gazza on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
#275068 by Lord Summerisle
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 am
Some great responses on twitter - this from Ben Smith particulary strikes a chord:

'He won't build an extension on a house he doesn't own, but he will spend £200K decorating the guest bedroom with Plasma TVs'

Fuck it, at least we've got a great Trip Advisor rating. I'm sure we're all in agreement that this is money well spent...
#275071 by Jimmy Weekly
Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 am
London_Tiger wrote: This part annoyed me the most:

"I don't want to be selective about which group of my own fans I am going to support more than a different group, that's fundamentally wrong. Why would I support one group of MY FAN BASE and not another"

That's the bit that got me too. Why support one group of fans and not another? Erm, because the money is called the Away Supporters Initiative. The Premier League has agreed to support Away Fans particularly, because they are essential to the health of the game (or 'the product').

Hull City agree to the ASI scheme, and then the Vice Chairman calls supporting away fans 'fundamentally wrong'.

I guess logic left the building some time ago so far as our owners are concerned.
#275073 by Lord Summerisle
Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:43 pm
When the current owners took over the club they said it needed to be run using sound business principles. What they've consistently failed to grasp is a football club is a business unlike any other. We (as fans) don't choose a product based on typical business criteria (price, positioning, added value, benefits etc). It's in our blood, our DNA. There's a brand loyalty there that can't be bought - or sold to fans who've already chosen another 'product'. The best way to grow your customer base (and therefore your business) is to tap into that loyalty - massage it, nurture it, treat the existing customers with such care to encourage then to bring generations of new 'customers' clamouring to devour your product. Make the match day experience a real highlight for your OWN fans. Encourage vocal support at away games - to help your product perform better. Become an attractive proposition for players when they see and hear the vocal support your customers provide - because you, as a sound business owner can see that it makes so much sense to not piss them off. You can, can't you Mr Allam?

They've got so many things so fundamentally wrong and the refusal to admit it goes way beyond stubbornness. Their business approach may have worked for Marine Generators but it sure as hell doesn't work here. Sometimes, getting a return on investment is a longer game. It shouldn't be about securing an additional 5% growth in away fan revenue or gathering the meagre pennies you'll accrue from your season ticket increases - not when it comes at the expense of screwing over a key part of your own product (your ever loving 'irrelevant' customers).

I could go on but I won't as I realise I'm descending into rant territory. I'm so sick of just about everything City related right now.
#275074 by RichC6
Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:48 pm
Best. Post. Ever. Reflects my feelings exactly, but you expressed them far better than I can. (I would have used "cunt" at least 18 times in that).
#275076 by tiger1971
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm
We have all been up in arms about the ASI for a while now and I for one couldn't see why the Allams were fucking about and not using the fund as directed.

However, (and I'm expecting some flak here) the fund doesn't actually come from the Premier League the ASI was an agreement between all clubs to use their own funds to improve the quality of the away fans experience. Now obviously we all want our own fans to get maximum benefit from this and expected subsidised tickets, coaches etc etc. Reading some associated articles on t'web it seems that quite a few clubs have used this £200k to improve their own away fans concourse (eg Southampton), organise reciprocal ticketing agreements etc.

http://www.wearepremierleague.com/2014/04/how-clubs-spend-200k-away-fans-fund.html

Everton directors have even gone as far as stating that other clubs have missed the ethos of the funding altogether by solely providing subsidised or free travel to games.

As with most Allam related bullshit the major problem here has been the feck awful / non-existent communication from the father and son fuckwits.
#275083 by Paul
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:59 pm
From the Everton programme last season, when I went on a FREE coach provided by City.....

I remember reading this at the time so was easy to dig out, strange that isn't it, valuing your own loyal support over the occasional visitor?

ALLAMS OUT
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.14 KiB) Viewed 10976 times
#275097 by Cayman Tiger
Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:52 pm
Paul wrote:The big screen was supplied by Eon visual (or whatever they are called)

Ah Daughter and son-in-law then, nice.

Notice big Mike on the cover in his undies.
#275100 by Johnny Yen
Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:01 pm
The fact that this money is not a "gift" from the Premier League does somewhat put a different complexion on things, I'm bemused that didn't come across clearly before. It's still a remarkably cunty interview, though.

The terrible communication is the main thing. Stringing along the fans working group asking them what they'd like to see done with the money when it had clearly already been decided. If they'd said at the start of the season "We're going to spend this on improving away areas of the KC to encourage away ticket sales" they might have been able to sell it as reasonable. But as usual the Allams don't feel they need to explain themselves to anyone, or even that anyone has a right to question them.
#275101 by Cayman Tiger
Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:03 pm
The Allam's are so fucking wrong on so many things and on so many levels its almost impossible to look at any of their actions in a reasoned neutral way.

Cunts cunting around like cunts, end of. Pah.
#275103 by Johnny Yen
Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 pm
It has got to the stage where you automatically assume anything they're doing is evil.

If Allam donated millions of pounds for a cancer research centre tomorrow I'd assume he was harvesting organs from the bodies, or something.