Talk about the mighty Tigers

Moderators: Andy, DeMange Tout, Les

#109580 by Les
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:47 pm
January 2008; City 1 West Brom 3
April 2006; Sheffield United 3 City 2
September 1999; Liverpool 4 City 2
August 1998; Rotherham 3 City 1

Share On:

#109581 by Riochatemyhouse
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:50 pm
Les wrote:August 1998; Rotherham 3 City 1


Our kid's stag do, and the first (and to date last) outing of the plastic instrument band.

It was searingly hot, we all got bladdered and our mate No Jacket Required fell asleep in a pool of his own vomit on the train home. Happy days.
#109582 by Decomposing
Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 pm
City 2 - Ipswich 5 last season.

The last 15 minutes were great fun after all the cunts had fucked off early leaving the remainder of us singing loudly for amusement purposes.

I walked home chuckling for some reason.
#109586 by Tiger Genes
Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:00 pm
Last day of the 92-93 season: West Brom 3-1 Hull City

Everyone joyously celebrating hearing Bolton's winner vs Preston, which made the final table look like this:

20 Hull City 46 9 5 9 28 26 4 6 13 18 43 50 -23
21 Preston 46 8 5 10 41 47 5 3 15 24 47 47 -29
22 Mansfield 46 7 8 8 34 34 4 3 16 18 46 44 -28
23 Wigan 46 6 6 11 26 34 4 5 14 17 38 41 -29
24 Chester 46 6 2 15 30 47 2 3 18 19 55 29 -53

And thus we avoided relegation. Although it would've taken a ludicrous win by Preston to actually avoid relegation themselves. Any road, this was perhaps some of the last "joy" we experienced for the rest of the 90s!

and I had a big bag of chips.
#109591 by Cott Tiger
Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:05 pm
The cup replay up at The Riverside last season was a very enjoyable defeat, if such a thing exists. Even the fact that my car broke down and my passengers and I didn’t back to Hull until nearly 2.45 am (on a low-loader) didn’t spoil the fun.
#109772 by Pete
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 am
Tiger Genes wrote:Last day of the 92-93 season: West Brom 3-1 Hull City

Everyone joyously celebrating hearing Bolton's winner vs Preston, which made the final table look like this:

20 Hull City 46 9 5 9 28 26 4 6 13 18 43 50 -23
21 Preston 46 8 5 10 41 47 5 3 15 24 47 47 -29
22 Mansfield 46 7 8 8 34 34 4 3 16 18 46 44 -28
23 Wigan 46 6 6 11 26 34 4 5 14 17 38 41 -29
24 Chester 46 6 2 15 30 47 2 3 18 19 55 29 -53

And thus we avoided relegation. Although it would've taken a ludicrous win by Preston to actually avoid relegation themselves. Any road, this was perhaps some of the last "joy" we experienced for the rest of the 90s!

and I had a big bag of chips.


Falsehood. As far as I remember, that season the league positions were decided on goals scored and not goal difference, so we would have gone down had Preston won.

It was my first season supporting City, and I remember the day vividly.
#109773 by Manic Tiger
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 am
Pete wrote:
Tiger Genes wrote:Last day of the 92-93 season: West Brom 3-1 Hull City

Everyone joyously celebrating hearing Bolton's winner vs Preston, which made the final table look like this:

20 Hull City 46 9 5 9 28 26 4 6 13 18 43 50 -23
21 Preston 46 8 5 10 41 47 5 3 15 24 47 47 -29
22 Mansfield 46 7 8 8 34 34 4 3 16 18 46 44 -28
23 Wigan 46 6 6 11 26 34 4 5 14 17 38 41 -29
24 Chester 46 6 2 15 30 47 2 3 18 19 55 29 -53

And thus we avoided relegation. Although it would've taken a ludicrous win by Preston to actually avoid relegation themselves. Any road, this was perhaps some of the last "joy" we experienced for the rest of the 90s!

and I had a big bag of chips.


Falsehood. As far as I remember, that season the league positions were decided on goals scored and not goal difference, so we would have gone down had Preston won.

It was my first season supporting City, and I remember the day vividly.

This is also one of my 'I was there' moments. I was 15 years old and had a walkman on, with speakers, so I helped spread the joyous news that Bolton scored. I'm sure the WBA fans were quite bemused to see us all suddenly pogoing as I'm sure we were 2-0 down or summat. Didn't we then make it 2-1 just after the City fans went ballastic?
#109777 by Officer Crabtree
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:55 am
Port Vale 3 Hull City 2 when we were promoted from League 1.

An exhilarating game, Barmby's first City goal, a last-minute equaliser for City who had battered Port Vale all game (only for Vale to score a stupid goal immediately afterwards, signs that we were going to have a good season, and a large, vociferous City following in a pretty good lower-league ground. This was also Junior Lewis's finest 90 minutes in a Hull City shirt.
#109786 by bartontiger
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:18 pm
18th February 1989

Hull City 2 - Liverpool 3

What I remember most about the game was the atmosphere. We got 2 kicks in the first half and both resulted in goals. I was sat in Bunkers that day and almost to a man/woman/child we applauded and cheered all through the half time break. We were never going to win but what a day.
#109790 by Cott Tiger
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:20 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:Port Vale 3 Hull City 2 when we were promoted from League 1.

An exhilarating game, Barmby's first City goal, a last-minute equaliser for City who had battered Port Vale all game (only for Vale to score a stupid goal immediately afterwards, signs that we were going to have a good season, and a large, vociferous City following in a pretty good lower-league ground. This was also Junior Lewis's finest 90 minutes in a Hull City shirt.


I was present that day. It was a nice summers day and it was indeed a good game of football, despite our loss. It was weird because when we scored to make it 2-2 it felt like we had won the game only for them to get a late winner. We had a fantastic lads night in Sheffield on way back as well which made the whole experience even more pleasurable.
Junior Lewis did play very well that day, but I would argue his best performance came at Saltergate when he got City's goal (it ended 1-1 though if I remember rightly).
#109791 by channels1974
Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:22 pm
The 5-4 defeat at Rotherham when we were 4-1 down at one point. Was it 97? can't remember. The 2-0 defeat at Mansfield on the opening day of Hateley's first full season, plant pot Thompson in goal and we were dreadful, twas boiling hot though and the continuous stream of balls that went over the back wall was quite entertaining.
#109837 by Chunder Monkey
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:55 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:Port Vale 3 Hull City 2 when we were promoted from League 1.

An exhilarating game, Barmby's first City goal, a last-minute equaliser for City who had battered Port Vale all game (only for Vale to score a stupid goal immediately afterwards, signs that we were going to have a good season, and a large, vociferous City following in a pretty good lower-league ground. This was also Junior Lewis's finest 90 minutes in a Hull City shirt.


The best thing about that game was immediately after the game in the car park, when a rotund Valester declared "you're in with the big boys now!" Stupid cunt.

I quite enjoyed the 3-0 defeat away at Preston a couple of seasons ago on a Tuesday night, but only for the 15 minute long "Peter Taylor's black and amber army" from the away support on concession of the third goal.

As an aside, by favourite non-victory city game was the 3-3 draw at Rushden. I'll always hate Ryan Williams for missing that sitter right at then end of the game. Cunt.
#109867 by Haltemprice Tiger
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:51 pm
Cott Tiger wrote:Junior Lewis did play very well that day, but I would argue his best performance came at Saltergate when he got City's goal (it ended 1-1 though if I remember rightly).


Best performance I saw from Lewis was in the 2-0 away win at Bastard City towards the end of our League 1 promotion season.
#109868 by DeMange Tout
Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:59 pm
Haltemprice Tiger wrote:
Cott Tiger wrote:Junior Lewis did play very well that day, but I would argue his best performance came at Saltergate when he got City's goal (it ended 1-1 though if I remember rightly).


Best performance I saw from Lewis was in the 2-0 away win at Bastard City towards the end of our League 1 promotion season.


Aye, I go along with that.

I remember losing 3-2 at home to Swindon during the brief return of Appleton in 89-90, when we were 2-0 up. I got some perverse enjoyment from it because Ian McParland ran the show until Appleton ludicrously substituted him with an hour gone. It was a great example of one individual dominating a game, though it was the only time McParland looked the part at City.
#109869 by Officer Crabtree
Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:01 pm
Haltemprice Tiger wrote:
Cott Tiger wrote:Junior Lewis did play very well that day, but I would argue his best performance came at Saltergate when he got City's goal (it ended 1-1 though if I remember rightly).


Best performance I saw from Lewis was in the 2-0 away win at Bastard City towards the end of our League 1 promotion season.


In that game, Craig Fagan put in one of the finest individual displays I've seen from a City player. If he could produce a quarter of that at the moment I'd be happy.
#109870 by Cropper
Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:05 pm
Officer Crabtree wrote:
Haltemprice Tiger wrote:
Cott Tiger wrote:Junior Lewis did play very well that day, but I would argue his best performance came at Saltergate when he got City's goal (it ended 1-1 though if I remember rightly).


Best performance I saw from Lewis was in the 2-0 away win at Bastard City towards the end of our League 1 promotion season.


In that game, Craig Fagan put in one of the finest individual displays I've seen from a City player. If he could produce a quarter of that at the moment I'd be happy.


Aye, he was absolutely outstanding in that game.

I reckon Wetherall is still having nightmares about his afternoon to this day.
#109894 by Riochatemyhouse
Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Junior Lewis was Garry Parker-esque against Torquay at the KC in the 2nd promotion season. That's 4 and counting.

Stockport was the scene of some enjoyable City defeats, as the Sir Robert Peel was one of the better pre-match boozers i happened upon. They did great chips. The 0-4 defeat in early '95 was alright as i spent most of that day besotted with my new girlfriend, the Chris Hargreaves-obsessed one.
#109919 by Everlong
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 am
Yorkshire Electricity Cup Final Vs Huddersfield (at the sparkly new 3 standed mcalpine)

Mainly as it was my first away game, but also as people around me weren't used to plastic seats which return to there upright position 'all on there own' the amount of people missing the seats and falling on there arse's......I was one of em !!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests