Our penultimate podcast of 2017/18 reviews the season as a whole, eventfully turbulent and not one we’ll miss, nor look back on in a hurry, fondly or otherwise. Still, we end on a high note, as our anniversary retrospective of ten glorious years ago centres on the play-off semi final games against Watford.
* A wonderful fundraising campaign involving the Triple Trawler Tragedy shirts worn at Chelsea
* Third in 08, Watford to come in the play-offs
Here you are…
We’re safe, thanks to a 5-5 draw! Dumbfounded but grateful, we are back with another podcast as the season’s end draws nearer. Talking about…
*A bonkers occasion in Bristol
*A euphoric occasion in Burton
*An exotic possibility in Nairobi
*The day when automatic promotion was lost in 07/08
Upbeat! That’s what we are. Beating very much upwards.
In the podcast, we chat lucidly and affably about:-
* Winning comfortably against QPR
* The rise of Adkins’ reputation
* Nearly touching Championship safety
* Burton and terracing
* Win a pre-season trip to watch a threadbare squad (or don’t)
* QPR and Barnsley a decade ago
We’re back, after what feels like forever away, nattering about a rather satisfying Easter holiday. Hear us being positively lyrical in our waxing on the draws with Villa and Wolves, and the generally buoyant outlook for the remainder of the season.
We also talk about why Snodgrass gets booed and Ehab’s ridiculous poll on concessions. Our anniversary flashback to the to 07/08 takes us to a straightforward win over Watford at home.
A podcast that thoroughly dissects the performance, or lack of it, from City at Birmingham on Saturday. We also look ahead to the big Easter weekend against a pair of rather more daunting West Midlands opponents, and remember the Easter victory over Leicester a decade ago.
No podcast next week due to the international break.
A podcast that celebrates two straight wins! This feels like uncharted water for us, it’s certainly been a while since we can have sounded so content on a podcast. Still, other things still need discussing, so expect…
* the debacle against Millwall (briefly)
* penaltyfest against Norwich
* seeing Ipswich off in style
* Ehab’s concession towards, er, concessions
* three memorable matches in 07/08
It’s here. JR guests instead of Les, who still lent us his kitroom and makes a brief cameo later on.
Here’s the latest podcast, five days after we had to cancel the previous one thanks to a knackered clutch on a car less than three years old.
We eventually get to talk about:-
* The win over Sheffield United, and the protests
* The freezing draw with Barnsley
* David Meyler announcing his own exit
* The latest consultation between club and fans
* Three games from 07/08 as City enter the top six
It’s here. Quite long, but at 50 minutes considering all we have to discuss, we’re sure you’ll agree we’ve self-edited most competently. No, really.
Mercifully, we have our 20th birthday, plus the tenth anniversary of a famous win at West Brom, to chat about at the end of this podcast, as prior to that it’s all about defeats, protests and retirements.
Still, we hope you like it…
The podcast is happy again!
Amazing what a win can do. Plus the opportunity to pretend to be confident about an FA Cup shock at Stamford Bridge, and more open goals left for us by the idiocy and petulance of Ehab Allam.
To wit, we’ll discuss:
* The win, clean sheet and general brilliance at the City Ground
* Being inconvenient to Chelsea
* Ehab Allam cancelling the supporters meeting, then moaning to the media
* The definition of “threats”
* Matty Fryatt’s retirement
* Draws with Norwich and Colchester a decade ago
It’s right here…
- Great stuff; a fine last podcast. Thank you. Allam O...May 19, 2019 - 04:34 by Ambertigerfan
- Sorry to see you go, but good luck in future endeavours....May 16, 2019 - 22:45 by Cheshire Tiger
- Thanks for all your efforts fellas. Sorry to see you go...May 13, 2019 - 10:28 by Chunder Monkey
- Genuinely sorry to hear that you're calling time on Amber...May 13, 2019 - 09:31 by Mike Hogan