NEWS: No news like bad news

City’s appeal against a £2500 fine for misconduct has been thrown out by an FA tribunal. City were found guilty of hindering an FA investigation into the clubs off-field affairs after failing to produce board meeting minutes when requested to do so. Not content to let the matter lie, Chairman Nick Buchanan has said he plans to go right to the top by writing to the FA’s chief executive Adam Crozier. Would it not be better to just take the punishment meted out gracefully? After all, if the FA’s investigation had highlighted Stephen Hinchliffe’s involvement with the club, the games governing body could have handed City a much stiffer penalty, the docking of league points for example. The paltry fine given was obviously just a shot across the bow, designed to let the board know the authorities are watching the club closely, so why incur the FA’s wrath further?

NEWS: Wood you believe it?

Jamie Wood’s two goal salvo against Rochdale on Saturday has earned him a place in the Carling-Opta Division Three Team of the Week. Wood racked up 1076 points in Opta’s player ranking system and partners Barnet’s Ken Charlery up front in the statistic based XI. Joining them is Rochdale’s Gary Jones, who’s own double strike on Saturday cancelled out Wood’s brace to earn ‘Dale a point at Boothferry Park.

NEWS: Rent-boy Lloyd

Ex-chairman, current landlord and obnoxious twat David Lloyd is threatening City with legal action if they don’t stump up cash for rent arrears that have accrued on Boothferry Park. Lloyd, who was recently handed his P45 by the Lawn Tennis Association (ho ho), claims City now owe him £68,000 in back pay and he is willing to take court action to reclaim the sum.

In response, Chairman Nick Buchanan (who you’ll remember promised to ‘pump’ £500,000 into the club not so long ago) says the board are in talks with Lloyd to buy the Ark from him and that the money owed will be part of the deal if the sale goes ahead. What a load of crap! As if you wouldn’t be expected to keep up rent payments until you actually buy the property.

NEWS: New Deal for Bolder

Adam Bolder has signed a new contract that will tie him to the club for the next two and a half years. The Eighteen-year-old midfielder graduated from the youth set up last year and after breaking into the first team earlier this season, has established himself as a permanent fixture in the starting XI.

NEWS: Players unpaid

Several players are threatening to walk out amid claims of non-payment of wages. One player was quoted as saying only half of the players salaries were paid last month, and that some players are prepared to quit the club if the outstanding monies are not paid within 14 days. This latest revelation follows reports stating that the transfer embargo imposed upon the club last month has NOT been lifted, since the PFA have yet to receive repayment for a loan taken out by City to pay the playing staff wage bill! All this just a week after chairman Nick Buchanan said he would plough £500,000 of his own money into the club.

NEWS: Embargo lifted

The transfer embargo placed on City last month has been lifted after the club repaid its debts to the PFA and the taxman. City recently received another installment of the money owed to them by Derby County following keeper Andy Oakes move to Pride Park in the summer. With the embargo lifted, City can now bring in some new faces, providing the board stump up the cash they promised to make available earlier this week. One possible signing is St. Kitt’s international Keith Gumbs, who has been on trial at Boothferry Park, he has scored twice in two outings for the reserve side.

NEWS: Kempton reopened

At long last, the East Stand’s refit is complete and City will throw open its gates for the first time this season on Saturday. The Kempton has been deemed fit for use by safety officers after many delays and the visit of Torquay this weekend shall mark its reopening. Ironically, the Gulls were the visitors last time the beloved terrace was used, for the Tigers’ final home game of the 1998/1999 season, ten months ago. The terracing has been concreted over and new crush barriers installed, increasing the overall capacity at the Ark to 13,720. Best of all, Kempton dwellers will now enter the stand from the north side of the ground, allowing time to imbibe another pint before stumbling out of the Tuns to enter the Theatre of wet-dreams.

NEWS – Three game ban for Whitney

John Whitney has been handed a three match ban following his sending off in the 2-1 defeat at Peterborough last week. Whitney was adjudged to have elbowed Posh striker Jason Lee in the build up to a corner and was shown the red card just five minutes into the second half. He will miss City’s forthcoming fixtures against Rotherham, Rochdale and Halifax.

NEWS – Whitmore injury

Theodore Whitmore’s hamstring injury is worse than at first feared. The talented Jamaican is likely to be out for at least a month and has been ordered to rest for the next two weeks, when the injury will be reassessed. Both Whitmore and Goodison came back from the recent Gold Cup in the USA with injuries and the club are considering filing a compensation claim with the Jamaican FA.

NEWS – Eyre out for the season?

John Eyre looks likely to miss the rest of the season after suffering a suspected compound fracture during today’s goalless draw at home to Shrewsbury. Eyre was stretchered-off on 54 minutes after a late challenge by Peter Wilding and appeared to be in great pain, clutching his upper arm. The incident infuriated player manager Warren Joyce who had to be held back by a couple of Shrews’ otherwise he could have been leaving the field along with Eyre.