MIKE PHELAN SACKED BY CITY

PhelanMike

Mike Phelan has this evening been sacked by City.

The club are bottom of the Premier League following a summer of diligent, methodical sabotage by the Allam family, and Phelan – who has indeed erred on occasion but also got a ridiculously slender squad of middling Championship ability to be vaguely competitive and even sporadically entertaining, is that appalling family’s preferred scapegoat.

What a sordid, squalid, wretched shambles our club has become.

Thanks for giving it a go, Mike.

Fuck you Assem and Ehab.

1. Chris Stern
    Chris Stern says:

Pathetic! Maybe they are hoping to boost the attendance on Saturday. Have a look at seat availability, I’d be surprised if 3000 turn up.

2. Ambertigerfan
    Ambertigerfan says:

“………squad of middling Championship ability….”

That is fundamentally Bruce’s 40 million pounds, 9th largest spend in The Premiership squad of two and a half seasons ago. I guess 40 million doesn’t get you much these days!

Perhaps Ehab will appoint himself manager. Who else would accept the job?

4. haltemprice tiger
    haltemprice tiger says:

‘Yes the Allams are cunts but that doesn’t hide the fact that Phelan was a shit manager.’

Spot on. Phelan took far too long to realise that 3 at the back was the best formation for City with the players at his disposal. Also too many poor team selections, and totally baffling substitutions, particularly in the last 3 games. For him to keep faith with Marshall ahead of Jakupovic was equally baffling.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward says:

I’m disappointed but not shocked by Phelan’s sacking. Despite his sometimes odd (even bizarre) team selections he was still trying his best. I don’t think he bears any responsibility for City’s current league position; you can blame the owners for that.

Please boycott the Swansea game.

Sad but inevitable IMO, Mike had a go and I don’t blame him as there are only 20 of these jobs available at any time. Who next is anyone’s guess as none of us know the owners plans as they don’t talk to us mere mortals, but they create a vacuum and many try to fill it with what they fancy at any given moment. Is the new coach expected to keep the club in the top flight or manage relegation, again we just don’t know. If I had people like the Allams to deal with I would soon tell them to FUCK OFF, but they will find someone more flexible than me so I rule myself out apart from that I have no bloody idea, what a state of affairs for a club I love and have supported one way or another since I could walk.

7. Dave
    Dave says:

It’s funny how this sacking has come just around the same time both the club and manager where discussing budgets for the transfer window. Wouldn’t be surprised if Mike has told them honestly that we need investment and they’ve responded by firing him for not supporting there loan only / cheap last minute buy strategy. Mike did his best, but just like Bruce there’s only so much you can do with a threadbare squad and Ehab making the transfers decisions. To be fair I do believe sticking with Mike would have 100% seen us relegated, whether or not that percentage changes depends entirely on the new manager and there ability to influence this transfer window. Here’s Hoping.

8. Blackadder
    Blackadder says:

All of the coaching staff fired and a Portuguese manager signing on to be micro managed by Ehab, wonder if he’ll be made of sterner stuff than MP and tell young Master Bates where to go when he starts butting in? Now we’ll see if he gets a budget for new signings, possibly some cheap unknowns from Europe’s mainland. I doubt any manager with the right experience would would have touched the job with a bargepole!

9. Jon
    Jon says:

Never mind, a manager who’s never managed in the PL who speaks no english will sort it.
    Phelan and the playing staff did their best with a near impossible hand since August, but have been let down badly. He probably got fed up and spoke “out of turn”.
    Petty, small minded and unprofessional – do they honestly think this will fix anything? Probably costs more too with severance and new contract.
    Still, we had a brilliant start, a mad win against Newcastle – I just hope new buyers come in good time for next season.

10. JImmy Weekly
    JImmy Weekly says:

Marco Silva has a fine reputation and good record. Tough job at City, for all the reasons we are familiar with, but this looks like a decent appointment. Only time will tell of course.

It will take much much more than time.

He will need to be given funds to buy the necessary players, and allowed to sign them and play them in the positions he wishes in the tactical formation of his choice.

I hope I’m wrong but I think there’s as much chance of that haapening as of Leicester retaining the Premier League title.

Of all the candidates touted by the media, this guy looks the best and I’m amazed he’s chosen City.
    I think we all wish MP the best for the future but I’d have sacked him after West Brom.
    Hearing (from a semi reliable source) that a takeover could be imminent!
    As they say in Star Wars, we now have Hope!!!