1. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

Thank fvck for that.

This vindictive and damaging vendetta of the Allams against the council, has splintered the fan base, distracted the management and undermined the players.

Terrible, terrible stewardship by the current owners who have taken their eye off the ball completely in terms of priorities. The result of that has been relegation, a broken club spirit and a loss of respect for Hull City in the eyes of the football world

Today is the best day we have had since beating Sheff Utd at Wembley- at last we can all concentrate on football.

It’s just a shame that I can’t now buy a season pass, as the club spitefully stopped selling them a week ago as they anticipated this result and knew a few thousand people would be waiting for this verdict.

Once again, shame on the Allams for their umpteenth act of calculated spite against those they perceive as their enemies.

Club statement “acknowledges” the FA decision,,says they still believe Hull Tigers is best for the club and they will now take some time away from the club to consider their options.

Hopefully, that will be 24 hours in order to complete the sale of the club, as promised by a man of his word.

I suppose it is too much to hope all sides in this debacle can come together for the sake of Hull City AFC, but that would be too easy and this club never doe’s easy.

4. Snaggletooth
    Snaggletooth says:

“Taking time away from the club” is actually quite worrying. Whether a sale is imminent or not, without some signings we will have trouble fielding a 16 man squad on August 8th and we need the club’s senior officers to be hard at work right now.

5. Ambertigerfan
    Ambertigerfan says:

Fantastic result!

However, in The Guardian article it claims the Allams can apply a third time

The FA chairman, Greg Dyke, supported the name change, according to the Football Supporters Federation

Dyke said: “I don’t think Hull can appeal. They could put in a new application to try to change it with better research etcetera and that might change the view, but as of now the Hull application has been rejected.”

No one should be surprised if the Allams drag this thing on again. Remember they’re making a tidy 5% interest amount every year on their “loans” to the club. Not to mention “fees”, “salaries” and other perks the accountant can fiddle.

I’d like the Allams to sell up and go (as per their promise) but they’re making far too much money to do that. To them City is a business.

Very sad episode that could see us tumble down the leagues again.
    I really hope the club and fans can unite again but I fear not. As JohnBrid says, “we never do easy”. All those wanting the Allams Out, who is there in the “fit & proper” category waiting to take over. Who is out there, who will run the club successfully and in harmony with the fans? Our history shows these people are mythical. I fear the worst.

7. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

“Very sad episode that could see us tumble down the leagues again.”

…which would be still be a million times better than being called Hull Tigers.

8. Andy
    Andy says:

I can’t wait for Bill Carson to explain why not having a fucking stupid name means we’re going to end up back in League 8.

Bill,

Are you saying “better the (in my opinion) unfit and improper owner you know than the unfit and improper one you don’t”?

All I’m saying is be careful what you wish for. Given our dubious history with Owners we should be very worried.
    111 year history which until 2008 was mainly of underachievement and boardroom turmoil.

Bill,

With respect, you’re talking mealy-mouthed bollocks, sir.

What you are saying is that you’d rather have someone like Allam than anyone else. For you, Allam can do what he likes, to anyone, because you don’t have the guts to oppose him or the balls to search for someone better.

You’d sell your soul to the devil for short term and short-lived success, no matter what the price. You, sir, might be willing to be cowed by a man who in my opinion is nothing but a hypocritical bully. Others, including me, are not and never will be.

Rottenborough – it’s your type of self righteous, arrogance that has kept you and CTID to a minority and split our fan base.
    The way the Allams run their business (although not perfect) is typical of most successful businesses. I guess you dream of some form of deluded left wing socialist utopia? I would bet you work in the public sector because you clearly have no experience of the harsh reality of business in 2015.

Bill,

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I am self employed and have been for more than 25 years.

I’m apolitical, but unlike you I have a highly developed sense of right and wrong, which was taught to me by my beloved late parents and the schools I attended. I can smell bullshit at a thousand paces, and your smell is the strongest I’ve ever experienced.

Begone with you, back to wherever you emerged from.

14. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

“The way the Allams run their business (although not perfect) is typical of most successful businesses. ”

Like increase the massive debt whilst raking in 5% interest on their loan to the business, alienate the core customers and wishing them dead, make enemies of the landlord, the co tenants and the local community, fail to keep their promises on a regular basis, have no coherent marketing strategy, have no understanding of the industry they are in, attract widespread ridicule and hostility nationally and internationally, sack respected and competent managers on a whim….. ?

I could go on.

Bonkers Bill – they are in business and 5% is a fair rate. Core customers? Really? Again a self righteous minority. Wishing them dead? Stop being so sensitive. Landlords Aka Hull City Council – useless left wing authority that has held back the Great City and people of Hull. Sack competent managers? Most City fans (although we all love local hero Nicky Barmby) accept that appointing Steve Bruce took us to the next level.
    I bet you work for some left wing out of date organisation Bonkers?

16. Bosco
    Bosco says:

Bill,

I suggest you read the HCST/CTWD submissions before you brand them self righteous. Whilst they may only have a few thousand members, in this age of apathy and greed, that is quite an achievement, when you consider the amount of season ticket holders City have.

All polls have shown the fan base are against this name change nonsense.

By Jove, I’ve finally realised – Bill Carson is Gerald Ratner in disguise.

Crap is crap after all, and the end justifies the means.

Yes sir, a wonderful business model indeed.

18. Tyneside Tiger
    Tyneside Tiger says:

Bill

I have worked for a number of successful and unsuccessful businesses, rule number one of any customer facing business is customer retention. You don’t retain customers by abusing them, ignoring their views, lying to them, fleecing them and expecting them turn up regardless of how little you think of them.

Allam leaving may make the short term situation worse but long term the club will benefit from retaining it’s dignity, integrity, history and place in the local community.

The name change is, and always has been, all about the council’s refusal to sell the KC. Allam has behaved like a spolit child who can’t have his own way throughout, I’d love to know which part of successful business that falls into.

The club needs to move on and build on the recent successes, focusing on financial stability, supporter and community engagement and the growth of young players. This will be best achieved without a vindictive, self centered, uncommunicative, disingenuous and unknowledgable (about football) owner.

19. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

Bill/Frank Carson,

“they are in business and 5% is a fair rate.”

Ah right, so it wasn’t their ‘gift to the community’ then- it was a moneylending scheme taking advantage of a business in difficulty. Glad that’s been cleared up….

Can you list me other successful captains of industry who wish their core customers dead?

“Hull City Council – useless left wing authority that has held back the Great City and people of Hull.” Maybe so but he needs to get on with them. Get our Allam brown nosing bubble and take a look at what Mansour has done with Manchester City Council. Or even what Adam Pearson did/does with our Council. They make him look like the incompetent, petulant, clueless bully he is. Pitiful, it really is how one man’s vanity and arrogance has squandered so much goodwill and turned into enmity.

Barmby was given barely 5 months in the job and was given no money (just like Nigel Pearson). He was sacked for non football reasons, ie he challenged the Allams strategy. That’s why the imposed a silence on him.

You seem like a pro Allam troll, family member, I’ve yet to meet anyone in real life who thinks Allam is doing a good job of running our club- there are just a few wums on Not606 and the HDM site.

Bonkers Bill – you win the prize for the most ill informed and out of touch response. Nigel Pearson is a self righteous boring tosser who left The Tigers to go to a “bigger club” Leicester. Nevef ever defend that cretin. Nicky Barmby I have complete sympathy for and you could wonder where we might be under his leadership had he been given more time and money.
    Hull City Council has failed the City of Hull, primarily through the education system but also in failing to realise the potential our great City has.
    I note that you would welcome Arab money, presumably regardless of the source of this great wealth and the cost? From the same regime which funds ISIS? No thank you!
    Bonkers!!!

21. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

You’re embarrassing yourself now Frank. Stick to the subject of the tread,

Tyneside – I don’t disagree with much of what you are saying. 40 years if supporting the Tigers has left me wary of any owners. I am also wise enough to know that the “Beautiful game” was lost in the mid 70’s. Name me 1 Premier League club owner who is perfect???
    I have said that the communication from Ehab Allam in particular has been poor.
    Season ticket prices should NOT have risen. However the owners let Bruce manage and backed him financially.
    They have invested in youth through the investment at Bishop.Burton.
    As for Hull City Council, if I had offered to turn Walton Street / West Park into a centre of sporting excellence in exchance for the freehold of the KC and they had rejected it, then I wouldn’t speak to those dinosaurs again.

The owners let Bruce manage City into relegation.

Bill Carson – sorry, Gerlad Ratner – thinks that’s a business positive.

Sheesh.

24. Andy
    Andy says:

Bill, it is against the law for the council to give away public property in the manner you suggest. You may or may not know that; Assem Allam unquestionably knows that but continued to peddle the lie anyway.

Andy – I saw your humble comments after the announcement.
    All I hope for is as you stated, that this is all now put to bed, that we can focus on the pitch and hope for an exciting season. No more negativity. No more 1904 / Anti Allam chants, just everyone united in supporting the team.
    The Allams should now accept the decision and focus on moving the club forward in a positive manner. Or ideally sell it to the Healeys.
    #UTT

Bonkers – sorry you can’t follow simple logic.
    Rottenborough – “In Bruce we trust Flag”?
    You can’t blame the Allams for bucking the trend and staying loyal to the manager?
    In hindsight maybe (probably) Bruce should have been sacked.

Which is it Bill?

The Allams are experienced competent businessmen who in good faith rewarded SB with a new three year contract only for the team to be relegated after a continuation of abysmal league form?

Or, the Allams know nothing about football and have more money than sense?

Can’t have it both ways.

I also wish that all this needless crap could be over and that everyone works together for the good of the team and Hull City AFC, but you and I know that this will not happen because the Allams will not give up their attempts to get their own way – and people like you only give them encouragement to continue doing what they’ve done over the last three years.

28. Bunkers Bill
    Bunkers Bill says:

Poor old Frank Carson. still beavering away on his vintage Allam Marine diesel genny- powered PC- trying to justify his pro AA bluster as poster after poster rip his (non) arguments to shreds.

I await with baited breath the next marketing masterstroke by our owner (is he still our owner? He said he’d be gone in 24 hrs and that elapsed around 1400 hrs today) to attract the millions of affluent Far East football fans enticed by our nickname but repulsed by our lack of silverware.

One thing’s for sure, he’s lost his domestic market- the one that’s had 4 seasons out of the last 7 in the PL, and unprecedented sporting fame in this city. Can you imagine any other owner pissing away all that new local support and pissing off old support so wantonly?

Someone tell me what marketing principles or theory Assem Allam adheres to please. Is it ‘Discard your core long term customers in favour of non existent future foreign ones.’?

Just over a year after our first ever Cup Final and European football, he has actually shrunk our support to lower than before we went up in 2013.

But don’t question him, just look at his cv if you want reassurance.

Bonkers – actually had to laugh at the Allam powered diesel engine.Very good! :)
    To make it clear…..I am not pro-Allam.
    Rottenborough – hindsight is a wonderful thing. Only a small minority of fans suggested Bruce out prior to April 2015.
    #UTT

Bill – hindsight? What good businessmen need, and what the Allams clearly lack in abundance, is foresight.

Not forgetting common sense.

Just my opinion, like.

Brian: Excuse me. Are you the Judean People’s Front?
    Reg: Fuck off! ‘Judean People’s Front’. We’re the People’s Front of Judea! ‘Judean People’s Front’.
     Francis: Wankers