June 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Hull City AFC, 110 today

1904-1905 team

Happy Birthday Hull City AFC, 110 years old today.

We salute those who brought them into existence, and we promise to never let their achievement be sullied by those who would wipe our name from history.

Filed under: News — Andy @ 5:19 pm

Discuss this and more in the Tiger Nation Forums

27 Comments

1. You’re against the name change. We get it.

Comment by Nobby — June 28, 2014 @ 5:55 pm

2. I wonder if there was the same furore when our team’s original name, Hull Comets, evolved into Hull City.

Comment by Rosie — June 28, 2014 @ 6:35 pm

3. Nobby, feel free to shorten your name. I think it would suit.

Comment by Barney Gumble — June 28, 2014 @ 7:06 pm

4. I don’t know why u won’t drop this name change protest its getting boring same old reasons…In view of all the changes over the years you never protested then so why now…pack it in its affecting what we should be doing supporting the club not trying to destroy it…

Comment by David w — June 28, 2014 @ 11:37 pm

5. Call yourselves fans…..Name the side….?

Comment by Bilbo — June 29, 2014 @ 12:11 am

6. Next season could be one of the most memorable ever for our TIGERS!

Comment by JK4HCAFC — June 29, 2014 @ 12:40 am

7. 110 is a big birthday! Thanks Amber Nectar for letting me know.

Comment by Vince Jobling — June 29, 2014 @ 12:51 am

8. “Nobby, feel free to shorten your name. I think it would suit.”

:-D

Comment by hullk — June 29, 2014 @ 1:11 am

9. 110 years old, that’s a long time. Looking at that photo demonstrates that much has changed since those days. It’s called evolution!

Comment by JohnK — June 29, 2014 @ 3:25 am

10. I note that some people have a limited understanding of the concept of evolution. We evolved from the great apes, but are now a different species with a different name. Well, some of us are.

Comment by Jonty — June 29, 2014 @ 8:28 am

11. And your point is Jonty?

Comment by JohnK — June 29, 2014 @ 11:15 am

12. This has nothing to do with the name change! I am just wishing my club a Happy Birthday

Comment by David Dearing — June 29, 2014 @ 11:28 am

13. We’ll drop the name change protests when Hull City AFC drop their plans to change the name. Can’t say fairer than that.

Comment by Andy — June 29, 2014 @ 1:05 pm

14. Those white shirts look great. Which nobhead changed them to black and amber stripes

Comment by micky — June 29, 2014 @ 2:21 pm

15. Come on Hull. Let’s have another good season!Bring on QPR .

Comment by David Dearing — June 29, 2014 @ 3:10 pm

16. I don’t know why Allam won’t drop this name change nonsense, it’s getting boring – same old reasons…In view of all the owners over the years fans have always protested when it’s been important and are doing so now…pack it in its affecting what we should be doing – supporting Hull City AFC not trying to destroy it…

Well said David w!

Comment by Pheasant Plucker — June 29, 2014 @ 5:35 pm

17. Hull Comets are not Hull City AFC. History knowledge fail.

Comment by Les — June 29, 2014 @ 5:37 pm

18. Odd socks, sack the kit man.

David w only one person is potentially destroying our club.

Comment by Tynesise Tiger — June 29, 2014 @ 9:44 pm

19. I get really bored really quickly so could we change the name ever game please.
    It would definitely make the fixture list more exciting and dynamic.
    Sort it out FA!

Comment by Brid Tiger — June 30, 2014 @ 12:30 pm

20. I have just moved seat to the north stand.I hope i don´t have to listen to the relatively new supporters,who used to support Leeds,Man U or Liverpool (but have jumped on the bandwaggon)singing there now very boring chant every game! Hull Tigers bring it on

Comment by preston tiger — June 30, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

21. Why don´t the Amber Nectar editors arrange a fund raising collection from all supporters,and purchase the club from Mr Allam,and have all of the editors as board members running the club?

Comment by preston tiger — June 30, 2014 @ 1:16 pm

22. Let’s embrace change and our dynamic owners.
    Happy birthday Hull Tigers!

Comment by Mark — June 30, 2014 @ 2:28 pm

23. Fuck me, did the bus crash on the way back to the secure unit? I bet there’s an Internet cafe somewhere putting padding up on its walls.

Comment by Riochatemyhouse — June 30, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

24. Mark, your post merely just comes across as attention seeking. For tips on how to really making a berk of yourself may I suggest popping over to Preston one evening.

Comment by Barney Gumble — June 30, 2014 @ 4:08 pm

25. Barney, just keeping you on your toes, thanks for taking the bait.

Comment by Mark — June 30, 2014 @ 6:30 pm

26. I know we are all touchy but I suspect Mark was being ironic (well I bloody hope he was!). Yes totally agree the name change thing is really boring, please Allam x 2 drop it so we can enjoy supporting Hull City.
    Ps. The new badge is really shite, just saying

Comment by Paul — July 2, 2014 @ 10:51 pm

27. Well said Paul

Comment by Mark — July 3, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Bruce Alrighty?

We Love Justin
We Love Justin

AN on Facebook
Visit us on Facebook

Powered by WordPress

As Featured on News Now

Buy shit you don't need or buy us bandwidth