June 4, 2014

Compare and contrast II

NoFlag

Wednesday 26th March 2014:

Ehab Allam admits no sponsors have approached the club purely on the strength of the name change.

The Mail understands the Tigers had negotiated a deal with an IT company in the Far East that would have been worth around £2.5m a season. However, the completion of that deal was based on the club becoming known as Hull Tigers.
Err…
Filed under: News — Andy @ 6:07 pm

Discuss this and more in the Tiger Nation Forums

9 Comments

1. Life as a City fan is never plain sailing is it? Even at the height of our success, we find ourselves at the mercy of a pair of owners whose contempt for the fans and bare faced duplicity seems to surpass that of Buchanan, Lloyd and Fish combined. I don’t think I have ever felt more like packing it in….sad thing is, that is probably what the Allams want. They would be happier with a gentrified stadium half full of flaskers and kids with painted faces, watching their pre-match polo…as long as they could say they did it their way

Comment by hovetiger — June 4, 2014 @ 6:29 pm

2. Grrrrrr, yeah, bloody kids enjoying football!!!

Comment by Andy — June 4, 2014 @ 6:58 pm

3. This paragraph about contempt for fans and duplicity is the mark of a bigot. If the Allams hadn’t been there we wouldn’t have had our height of success. Just a load of insulting rubbish. What exactly do you WANT from your football club?

Comment by greg — June 4, 2014 @ 7:02 pm

4. I’d like a club that values me as a fan.

Comment by Trajix — June 4, 2014 @ 10:45 pm

5. The mark of a bigot. Hahahahahahahahaha, yeah, I mean considering an owner saying fans who love the club’s identity are hooligans and can die when they want as contempt for the fans is bigoted isn’t it? Heh, meff.

Comment by Les — June 4, 2014 @ 10:54 pm

6. I fail to see, and have from the beginning, how the success of City on the pitch has anything to do with this issue. Unless you’re a cuntish glory fan who’s obsessed with the Premier League, of course.

Comment by Chunder Monkey — June 5, 2014 @ 9:27 am

7. Greg, if you’re happy to be lied to, branded a hooligan, lied to, wished death upon, lied to, treat with contempt (have I mentioned lied to?) just because Allam can’t get his own way with the council & the F.A. then so be it, you obviously don’t have any pride or scruples as long as City (or whatever Allam wants to call them this week) are in the Premier League.
    Can you be so easily bought in any other areas of your life?

Comment by Bill Baxter — June 5, 2014 @ 1:33 pm

8. greg: I’d like my football club not to change identity.

What do you “WANT”? Success at any cost, including changing the 110 year name of the club based on the irrational ramblings of a senile dictator?

Comment by Ambertigerfan — June 6, 2014 @ 4:20 am

9. Can I do my “if you are so easily bought in other areas of your life then here’s £50 come and suck my cock” line? It usually works out well.

Comment by Rich — June 6, 2014 @ 5:08 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Bruce Alrighty?

We Love Justin
We Love Justin

AN on Facebook
Visit us on Facebook

Powered by WordPress

As Featured on News Now

Buy shit you don't need or buy us bandwidth