1. It’s on. It really is on. In our recent spate of form, the Derby victory was perhaps the least convincing performance, yet City won with reasonable comfort. That in itself is hugely impressive.
2. Corry Evans is in the finest form of his City career. He does the running of two men, but there’s more to his game than rushing about enthusiastically. It’s perhaps lucky that a player of his nature isn’t the sort that struggling Premier League teams will turn to in order to save their seasons, but the way he’s playing at the moment wouldn’t look out of place in the top flight.
3. Eldin Jakupović made an assured debut on Friday evening, and has probably earned himself a run in the side on the back of it. A permanent goalkeeper would still be nice, but if Jakupović turns out to be any good and/or Stockdale returns in the New Year, we should be okay.
4. We’ll miss Stockdale though, and Meyler too. Both have contributed greatly in recent weeks, and City could do a lot worse than attempt to re-sign them next month. Loanees often make a big impact in the Championship, and that’s been the case here. Robbie Brady has been a revelation in his second spell at City, whereas Ahmed Elmohamady is a fixture on the opposite wing. Steve Bruce is quite right to say that our season could be shaped by our dealings in the loan market.
5. Anyone who thinks City should move to Melton is an idiot.
6. The timing of the Allams’ statement was pathetic and made him look vindictive and spiteful.
7. City fans going on and on about Nigel Pearson – both his sullen demeanour and messy exit – really ought to get over it. Just look at the League table instead. Leicester are guaranteed to start 2013 below City.
8. There now follows a complete list of all the Yorkshire clubs in a higher League position than City:
9. It would no doubt be an honour for the player himself, and a feather in City’s cap to have a man at such a prestigious tournament – but we can’t pretend not to be pleased that Sone Aluko hasn’t been selected in the provisional Nigerian squad for the African Cup of Nations in January/February. Would he have been called up if he hadn’t been injured though?
10. Why haven’t the prices for the Leyton Orient FA Cup match been announced yet?