1. The club have taken a ‘novel’ approach to marketing the new away shirt, asking fans to hunt around the city centre for someone wearing it in order to post blurry phone camera pictures on Facebook. We don’t appear to be using adidas to market this shirt, which is an odd decision given that they know a thing or two about promoting sportswear. Oh and that sponsor patch is not the work of adidas if you’re looking to blame someone.
2. Speaking of sponsors, is this the most dismal, soul-destroyingly corporate-speak-bollocks-riddled assembling of words in the history of language?
3. Having a picture of the longest ‘serving’ supporter on the season passes is, however, a really nice touch.
4. The club should not, even idly, consider changing the crest.
5. Home friendlies are largely rubbish anyway, but replacing a game against former European Cup and UEFA Cup winners Feyenoord with one against a Fourth Division side? Pfffffffft.
6. It is going to cost £31 to watch Ipswich v City. Thirty-one pounds. Further comment seems entirely superfluous. Except…
7. … the person writing entry #7 is now not going to Ipswich.
8. Liam Cooper will be one of the best defenders in League One next season.
9. We’ve sent a Freedom of Information request to Humberside Police asking exactly why the Feyenoord friendly was cancelled. Legally they must reply by August 8th; it may be interesting to see what they come up with.
10. Jozy Altidore’s nomadic existence has now taken him to Holland. Can’t help but think that he’d be magnificent in the Championship though…